Alberta Printmakers’ Society 2013 Studio Residency
The Alberta Printmakers’ Society is now accepting applications for the 2013 Self-Directed Studio Printmaking Residency.
Alberta Printmakers’ Society is now accepting applications for its 2013-2014 Self Directed Studio Residency Program designed to encourage production and experimentation using traditional print. The program offers an artist or a group of artists working on one project 1-2 months of free, unlimited 24-hour access to the Alberta Printmakers’ Society print studio to complete a print-based project. The studio is equipped with intaglio, lithography, relief and silkscreen printmaking facilities. The artist-in-residence will receive a $500 artist fee for use in support of their project. The residency will culminate in an online print exhibition featured on the A/P website and the artist will also be granted an opportunity to chair an artist talk about their artistic practice and work produced during the A/P Studio Residency.
Applications are due April 27
- Timeframe: 1-3 months between June 1, 2013, until February 28, 2014 and must be completed by this date.
- Print Residents are granted 24-hour access to the Alberta Printmakers Society print shop for the proposed months.
- Print Residents have reserved entry and discounted rates to all Alberta Printmakers Society printmaking workshops that run during their residency.
- In addition to use of the studio’s materials and supplies, each Print Resident is granted a materials stipend of $500.
- Print Resident(s) should expect to spend at least 10 hours per week at the studio for the duration of the residency.
- The Print Resident(s) will be asked to donate one (1) or more print(s) to the Alberta Printmakers Society Collection.
- The print shop is a shared workspace. While Print Resident(s) hold expertise in their chosen media, they should also bring interest in experimentation to contribute to the Alberta Printmakers Society community of artists.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: There is no application fee. Applications should be submitted by email and must include the following:
- Completed Application Form
- Short Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose and Time Frame A written proposal of the intended project to be completed throughout the duration of the residency and the intended time frame
- 5-10 Images of print-related work completed within the past 3 years.
- Image List
- This application is open to Canadian residents only.
SEND ALL IMAGES AND RESUME to:
All applicants will be notified by email.